For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) the data controller is BugFinders Limited c/o Harbour Key Limited, Midway House, Staverton Technology Park, Herrick Way, Staverton, Cheltenham, GL51 6TQ.
Please note that we may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated in March 2016.
1.2 What we collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Name and contact information, including email address, address details and phone number
- Information that you provide by filling in any forms or submitting any information on our site www.bugfinders.com
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and regarding the fulfilment of work or orders
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence
Password for a user account
- Information we ask from you when you report a problem with our site
- Details of your visits to our site (including but not limited to traffic data, location data whether this is required for our own billing purposes or other wise and the resources (including training resources) that you access
- Demographic information such as age, gender, postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Billing information
- Information and statistics from your performance on the site
- We may also hold CV/Resumés if uploaded
- We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
1.3 What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us as well as other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- Administer and dispatch orders and payment (if we are selling goods or services through the website);
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided (subject to your right to unsubscribe or opt-out at any time);
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, mail or other electronic means. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
If you are an existing user or customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes please tick the relevant box situated on the relevant form on the Site.
Please note that we may allow third parties access to your data without additional permission from you if they are acting as a supplier for us of one of our direct services to you, or if they are processing data on our behalf, but we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are protected.
Specifically applicable to Testers only, we may use your data to provide you with information about the services of Test People, a recruitment agency and partner of the site. You accept that they may contact you about any suitable temporary and/or permanent roles they have been instructed to fill. If you decide to pursue any opportunity through Test People you agree to be bound by their standard terms and conditions found on their website. In addition, we may share a Tester’s profile (excluding personal information) as completed by that Tester with other companies (including other social network sites) and other Testers.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
It is your sole responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password, and you will be responsible for any activity that occurs under your user name and password.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
1.5 IP aDDRESSES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
1.7 Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
1.8 Transferring your information outside Europe
If you use the website while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
1.9 Controlling your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Bugfinders Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at BugFinders Limited, 3 Rockfield Business Park, Old Station Drive, Cheltenham, GL53 0AN.
1.10 Data subject access request
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 (an access request). Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us via the BugFinders website or write to us at BugFinders Limited, 3 Rockfield Business Park, Old Station Drive, Cheltenham, GL53 0AN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address.